Out Of The Box Ideas For Marketing
Marketing seems so simple, doesn’t it?
For tens of years, businesses have turned to cheap and unsustainable marketing materials.
Printing thousands of flyers, putting their brands across pens and straws, using plastic bags and so much more.
Unfortunately, people throw away water bottles with branded plastic wrappers. Bags and other stuff get old and stop being used too.
But that’s not to say that these things don’t work. Of course, they do!
Marketing and promotional materials work, that is why they are so popular. But, there is a better way to make an impact.
It is important that you shift the focus away from things that people & businesses often do, and look for more sustainable options.
If promotional materials are to give clients and customers some insights into who you are and what you do, then it makes sense to put your best foot forward.
Here are some out of the box ideas about how you can step it up, going forward:
1. Great Content
Creating great content is one of the best marketing tools you have. Infographics that are informative and interesting to look at, work very well.
Here are some tips for some content that can make an impact.
- Who – if you are writing for everyone, you are writing for no one. People want to read things that are designed for them and them only, you need to keep your audience in mind at all times. Firmly secure your space in the niche.
- Templates – legal letters, pitches, contracts, quotes, invoices… You name it people need it in template form. So create some and have them available to download. SEO them up correctly, and you’ll have a constant flow of potential clients – and their email address.
- Lists – there is a list for everything. But, the trick is to be the longer list. People also enjoy odd numbers like 7,9,13,23. Always start your title with the number – people know what they are getting straight away.
- eBooks – If you have some expertise, then share it. Create an eBook and create a landing page to go with it. If fact if you go through your previous blog posts, you are probably going to find a wealth of content that can be repurposed.
- Collaborations – if you need a quick way to double down on content and readerships, then find someone to work with on a really cool out of the box idea. Marketed at both audiences pretty much guarantees that you will pull some decent traffic.
2. Ditch Plastic
If you are sending out promotional items to potential clients and customers, it is time to change it up.
Think about metal straws, reusable tote bags, and even herb gardens. There are companies like Earth Friendly Promotions who specialise in eco products that will still hit every single point you need.
3. Social Media Marketing
Shamelessness might be the order of the day.
Unless you are already famous, or a considerable brand, then getting likes and follows takes time. If your network often, then you should be making sure your main social tag – the one you are most active on – is on your cards.
Join in on regional hashtags. You might have to do a bit of research to find the one best suited for you, but when you do make a point of scheduling time to get involved.
Now, while you can automate much of your social media, you should be there for this time slot. Collaborating with other local businesses – even if they are competition, talking to customers and other locals.
Throw in some videos. They are enjoyable to watch, and if you keep them short, informative with some humour, they might even be share-worthy.
You can make your own marketing videos with these apps:
4. Creative Summary For Your Out of the box Marketing
There are more options than you can imagine when it comes to content creation. So here is a summary of options.
- Host contests/giveaways/ competitions – they encourage sharing and engagement. It is a quick boost, but you are likely to retain many of the new followers and likers.
- Try urban style marketing – chalk on the walls and pavements, flyers and posters
- Create videos – YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Vine are great places to start
- Pinterest – Hire a pin-professional to tackle bumping your traffic from Pinterest
- Pop-up – have a quick sign-up option your website.
- 101 – write an excellent long 101, with a lot of information and help for new people in your field
- Create brand guidelines
- Interview experts in your field
- Create and maintain a monthly newsletter
There are many ways that you can keep your customers and clients engaged that doesn’t rely on cheap plastics and throwaway products.
Good content and being socially conscious & earth-friendly will give you the recognition you need in no time at all.
Spread the word if this makes you feel good. 😉